How do I get an inmate's property?

Any inmate may release his property to anyone. The inmate must initiate the request.

The inmate may request a “property release form” from the pod Officer. The completed form is then sent to Aramark’s office in the Annex visitation area. When proper I.D. is presented, the property may be released.

Property may NOT be released if the property is part of evidence or if Law Enforcement Officers have placed a “hold” on the property.

  Return to the Shelby County Sheriff's Homepage