The Homeland Security Bureau is a part of the Law Enforcement Division, Investigative Services. It is comprised of three (3) main components -- Community Operations, Strategic Analysis, and the Special Investigative Units.
- Maximizing the efforts of the Shelby County Sheriff's Office to protect citizen safety by guarding against those who seek to do our county, its critical infrastructure or its citizens harm through crime, force, extortion or corruption.
- Maintaining situational awareness and operational readiness to mitigate the effects of a terrorist attack or natural disaster should one occur.
- Maintaining safety and security in assigned Shelby County Schools.
- Offering numerous crime prevention programs to Shelby County Citizens.
The Homeland Security Bureau maintains partnerships and communications with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Shelby County Office of Preparedness (HLS/EMA), Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI), Emergency Management Agency (EMA), TN Office of Homeland Security, TN Fusion Center (TFC), Regional Organized Crime Information Center (ROCIC), and the Area Maritime Security Committee (AMSC). We strive to strengthen our partnerships with joint-training exercises and multi-agency meetings for response planning and information sharing.
To Report Suspicious Activity:
- If you perceive an immediate threat, CALL 911.
- To report suspicious activity that you believe is related to the Sheriff's Office, call (901) 379-7625 or the FBI at (901) 747-4300.
- Send an email to our Terrorism Tips Email Address at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to Be Involved:
- Sheriff's Office Citizens' Academy - (901) 222-6099
- Sheriff's Office Reserves, Emergency Services or Volunteer Services - (901) 222-5875
- Sheriff's Office Crime Prevention Program - See Web Page on this website and/or call(901) 222-5843 for more information.