Volunteers on the squad check on the well-being of the elderly and disabled. On some occasions, volunteers have found persons who have fallen or who were in need of immediate medical attention. Volunteers on the squad provide a vital service to citizens throughout Shelby County.
Are there any costs involved? No.
- Uniforms provided
- Equipment and gear provided
- Annual Uniform Allotment
- Squad members visit senior citizens and provide assistance at community functions involving the Sheriff’s Office
- Members may also be assigned to assist other Sheriff’s Office bureaus
- Monthly Time Commitment: 16 hours/month
- Be 18 years-old
- Sexual Harassment
- Aids/Hepatitis/Blood Borne Pathogens
- AAA Driving Course
- Radio Communications
- Child Abuse/Neglect
- Elderly Abuse
- Policy and Procedures
While working for Community Service, you will serve a community of individuals who are not always remembered. Some of the individuals you will check on, you may be the only person they see that week. You will develop a bond and give assistance to them ranging from security checks, grant information for the elderly, or many other ways to help. These individuals will be excited every time you visit or call them.
Click on the links to print a Community Services application and the Background Information Form.
(Please include your Name, Address, and Phone Number in the email.)
To request an application by phone, call (901) 222-5875.